Soup Runs Volunteers – Humans Too
Humans Too Volunteers meet at 8pm on Monday – Thursday evenings to help prepare food for the runs. We rely on the availability of volunteers in order to carry out runs across both North and South sides of Dublin city on these evenings. Each group is equipped with flasks of hot water, soup, tea and coffee along with pre-prepared ‘lunch bags’; made up of sandwiches, biscuits, crisps and fruit which are distributed to the homeless. At Humans Too we see the individual rather than the fact that they are homeless, and with that being said we look to take the time to speak to each person we meet during the soup runs.
How signing up works
- You sign up via the form below.
- You should also join our facebook group where we post photos, news and updates which is important for all volunteers. Volunteers can also ask questions here. Please request access here https://www.facebook.com/groups/313195039036452/
- Within a week you will recieve an email welcome pack with informaiton about where we meet.
- After you receive your welcome pack you will begin recieving weekly text messages with links to confirm you availablility for the week.
If you wish to leave Humans Too at any time you can Unsubscribe by texting REMOVE to 50015.
Be a Group Leader
We are looking for Group Leaders to lead our runs each evening. If you have previously volunteered with Humans Too during soup runs, or have similar previous experience, and would like to act as Group Leader on a weekly basis – taking responsibility for setting up and carrying out the runs – please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Why volunteer with Humans Too?
- You make a difference.
- It brings people together from various backgrounds to work towards a common goal.
- You make new friends.
- You are giving something back to the community.
- It makes you feel good and it is a proven stresses reliever to take time out to help other people
Without our amazing volunteers we would not be able to carry our soup runs, we have over 500 volunteers registered with that number increasing on a weekly basis. At Humans Too we appreciate the dedication and commitment of our volunteers who help us work towards our goal of changing people’s perspective on homelessness.
“One of the main reasons I joined Humans Too was because I wanted to volunteer my free time to helping people. The knowledge and understanding I have gained about the homeless community is something I never would have learned without Humans Too. We have met many different people and have formed some strong relationships. Every Tuesday we stop to chat with a man who is always smiling and so happy to see us. I love bringing new volunteers to meet him. Knowing we can help people like him has shown me the difference we really are making within the community.”
–Emily Healy (Volunteer)